Friday, April 17, 2009

last day in Kunming

Today I got up early and put all my belongings on my bed in a structured way, so I can get ready pretty soon. After going to Süli´s office I got my leather jacket (which was helpful in Shangri-La) back from the shoe maker in the block. He sew a new zipper on my jacket (the old one was broken and my German shoe maker refused to repair it). He charged me 15Yuan and I gave him 20Yuan since he broke 3 needels and it was a hard work. That´s why my shoe maker refused to repair it. How many jackets would I have to get repaired her to get the flight for free?
8,9yuan=1EURO and 6,7yuan=1US$.
We were on the way to visit a Tibetan Buddhist Monc in his apartment who lives in Beijing and part of time in Kunming. He is the master of one of Süli´s friends. It was interesting to talk to him. Süli translated, so I got most of the conversation.

Afterwards we had lunch in Xiao Wei´s restaurant with her. On her first day off she enjoyed to talk to her friends there in a very friendly manner.
In the picture you see them lining up which they do several times a day to get instructions.
I wonder if she really will start to work for Süli. First of all she did not get her salary, you never know what kind of pressure the Chinese boss can put on her.
Then she called with her mother and Süli told me that her mother does not want her to work in a household.
The taxi driver (woman) mentioned that she is lucky with her new boss and the only thing that counts is to do the work as well as possible. That´s what Xiao Wei answered too, the most important thing is to do the work as well as possible. And that she is very happy with us because Süli and me we are so happy people. And that she had to suffer so much.
Will she work for Süli, what do you think?
After coming home I packed because it was not possible to have a nap before.
Now it is 7:00 and Süli will say soon: " Franz, I am hungry, let´s get out for dinner."

So I will end my time online in China by now and leave Kunming tomorrow morning by 8:05am.
A summary I will write from Germany after a few days.
Good bye China (especially Kunming and Xishangbanna), I will come again.
I met so many friendly people, great countryside, enjoyed wonderful food, gained a lot of experience and made new Chinese friends including Süli.

No comments:

Post a Comment