Saturday, April 4, 2009

German lunch - Chinese Dinner

Today is the cooking day. Well, first of all I want to show my bedroom to you. Bed and "Kleiderständer" for my cloth. The shower is hot. What else do I expect from a stay over night. After shower we went downtown by Taxi to have breakfast. All the employes (about 40) had to line up to get instructions from the boss. That is quite unusual for us. The food for the German lunch we bought at Metro. Yes the German Metro, where the commercial clients buy their food in Germany.
So we bought Penne and Grained Swiss Cheese to make my world famous "Käsespätzle" with Salad and white reddish.
Of course we want to serve German beer and there we found several German beers. Believe it or not, we found Kaiserdom beer from Bamberg, made by my friend and schoolmate who owns the brewery. Please let Schorschi know, that we enjoyed his beer. You can see the beer can on the second picture. Well Süli does not have plates, so we ate the Käsespätzle with chopsticks. Su Lu and her boyfriend Wei liked it a lot.
For desert we had Prosecco with Mango, which are smaller than the ones we know, but much tastier. Süli cooks pancakes with lots of cinnemon and small bananas. Just perfect.
Later on we will have lunch at Wei´s grandmother´s home. I hope to learn how to cook some Chinese dishes from her.

All the dishes were already prepared, I could watch just one.
Heat oil in the wok, fry chicken cut like worms for about 2 minutes stirring it all the time and then put it to the side in the wok and fry the green of garlic (cut into short parts about the length of the chicken) for 1 minute, put it to the chicken aside and fry red pepper (not a hot one, same length of garlic) for 1 minute, too. Then mix everything and fry it together for about 2 minutes, but do not forget to stir. Add some salt and sugar (they added glutamat MSR, too. I think that is not necessary)
Sorry I forgot to put the storage card into my camera, so I couldn´t take any pictures.
It was a big family gathering, which they have every Saturday in grandma´s apartment. There was Wei´s mother and father and two uncles and ants. Family is very important for Chinese.
Only Wei lives with his grandma in this apartment.

Su Lu kindly translated for me and always made sure I understood everything and made everything right.
Oh, back in Süli´s office the electricity went off in the whole apartment blocks around. So I have to save the text some place else and load it later.
We will go down the street, since it is Saturday and all the shops are open and out of the trunk sellers are around.
Good night. I have to get up by 5:45 to catch the plane to Dali.

After half an hour electricity is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment