Thursday, April 9, 2009

on the way to Shangri-La Mittwoch, 8.April 2009

Today we are on the way to Shangri-La. The weather is sunny and warm. The first stop is in Shigu, a village at the 1st bend of the Yangtse River. At the first bend Mao crossed the Yangtse on his long march. It took him 7 days with his 18000 solders. We stroled around in Shigu which is a picturesce village.
At Zhongdian county border I switched guides. Now Prima, a young tibetan man is my guide. His favorite guide work is trecking. So we went down the Yangtse Tiger Leaping Gorge on save stairways. You can see me in the picture.
On the way to Shangri-La, officially called Zhongdian it got colder and colder. In a Tibetan village I stroled arround to take a few pictures. I took a picture of a Tibetan man with his two boys. He invited me to his huge house. It is built from wood and the two side walls are thick claw walls.
He heated the oven with firewood in a very relaxed manner. Tibetan are very peaceful and relaxed people. Prima showed up to translate. His wife is still in the fields and after returning she will do the cooking. He earns his monney with yak, pork and grops from the fields. In former time he made his monney by wood cutting work. There were plenty of up to 500 years old firtrees. After international companied cut the trees on a large scale, there were few left until the state forbid any more cutting. Only the Tibetans can get a license when they built a traditional house, well it is a Tibetan county.
I stay in Holyplace Hotel. My room was dammned cold and it took quite a time to make it cosy.
I managed to eat a hot pot and then a diarea showed up. The time I write this blog on Thursday evening I already feel better, for a Chinese dinner it is still too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment