Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Still 3 days in Kunming left

Today I got up late by 9am, took a shower and walked to Süli´s office. Usually you find him in this typical working position.
Out for breakfast and back to the office, I checked my e-mails (You can write to me, I am online everyday). I enjoyed to look at my pictures and videos, I did so far. By 12 Su Lu came to the office to our date. We talked about Xishuangbanna and I showed her my pictures and videos, I took there. I was interested how she got along with her tourist group, which she accompanied as guide for 4 days. It was an Italian group of photographers who wanted to visit Yuanyangs rice terrace fields. Photographers go there in the hope to catch fantastic photos of sunrise and sunset there. So Su Lu was still a little tired. With the Italians she got along well, I am sure. And her English improves every day.
Then we strolled through the Cuihu Park where people relax, dance, play music and games or just sit and listen to one of the many performances. I can stay there for hours, listening and take photographs of the actors of this wonderful park.
In a teahouse, me and Süli we ordered icecream and Mango juice. Süli did not like his ice cream so I finished two, no problem for me.
Su Lu, aware of her weight like most of the girls all over the world just ordered a mineral water with lemon juice. May be we had too much of this wonderful chocolate in Süli´s office. Su Lu, please do not loose any more weight!
In the evening we went to the restaurant to visit Xiao Wei who will do Süli´s household together with Xiao Lin. This was her last working day in the restaurant and Süli insisted that she can eat with us. So Süli, Xiao Wei, Xiao Lin and me, we had a wonderful dinner in a VIP room, just the 4 of us. I just realized, that I took only videos from the dinner.
Xiao Wei was told by an employee, that the boss will be back in a few days and then he will calculate her salary.
As a girl from the countryside she had to start to work for the family (mainly to support her brother who is the best in school). She had to leave school in the 11th grade without finishing highschool and go to work into the next town, which is 7 hours away from home. She talked about the pain and suffer she had to endure. For example she worked in a cool house to freeze vegetables, from 5am to 6pm with only a little break for lunch.
besides lunch she only could leave the cold to unload vegetables from the cars. Salary was 500Yuan for women and 2500Yuan for men. Since she had to give up after 15 days after getting frozen fingers she did not get any salary and spent her last money (a few Yuan) to get to Kunming to search for her girl friend......
Now heaven will come, when she will start to work for Süli this Friday.
Tomorrow we 4 will make a big family tour to the west mountain of Kunming.
Now it is time to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment