Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day with Xiao Ying in Jinghong

Still to Monday: After pool and rest from the heat I went back to the Tai restaurant from the first day and then followed the fireworks to Mekong River. The fireworks lasted at least for 1 hour. Never the less I arrived too late since I had to swim against the stream of people returning downtown from the festival. But after the fireworks hundreds of lantern disappeared into the sky. That was a silent and a wonderful view. To see it better I walked up the bridge. Standing on the reeling of the bridge two English students in the 1st semester started to asked me questions. What´s the festivals program for tomorrow was my question. Xiao Ying and her friend invited me for tomorrow to come to Man Ting Park with them.
Next day by 10 Lian and me were on the way to the place we wanted to meet, but no way. From all the side streets groups of beautifully dressed dancers were on the way for a big gathering.
It took us almost till 12 to make it to the place where we wanted to meet, thanks to the communication with handy phone.
On the way I could not stop taking many pictures and videos from the groups.
No taxis around, so we took one of the small carriers with 3 wheels, well we had to share 2 of them. It´s fun to get a ride and the wind makes you forget about the heat for a short time. Man Ting Park is very beautiful with a lake and many flowers and trees. Today there were people everywhere and various chances to eat food.
In the picture you see Xiao Ying on my left side with 3 of her friends. Lian took the picture and she enjoyed to be with Chinese girls and not just with me and hardly no conversation. We all had fun. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the park and the accompany of these cheering girls very much. By 3:30 I went back to the hotel with Liane to pick up my luggage and changed cloth to swim in the pool. How wonderful after the heat or this day. In the airport I had to wait for an extra hour since the plane was delayed for more than an hour. So I got some food outside the airport building and drank coconut juice out of a coconut, very delicious I can tell you. Arriving in Süli´s office by 10 we went out for dinner. We ended up in an Italian style restaurant. I tried Spaghetti Bolognese. Besides one not definable Chinese spice it tasted well.
Now it is half past twelf and I am ready for bed.
Jinghong was just hot but Kunming has a warm breeze even in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment