Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Cycling in Yangshou Tuesday, March 31

Today Mo got two mountain bikes for me and we cycled out into the countryside. I used the red bicycle shirt I got from Edgar as a birthday present to start my tour de Franz finally with the right equipment.
We cycled along the Dragon River saw farmer prepare their rice fields with a buffelo and stopped many times for photographs. To cycle in this georgous landscape is a special gift.


George, how about cycling up these peaks. Well, we did not have enough time to spend more than 3 hours for a round trip.
Just when we returned to Yangshou it started to rain again. After lunch and a walk along western street (coffees and tourist shops). Mo accompanied me back to Guilin by car to catch the train to Kunming.

I waited in a lobby for the train and there I met Erika and Brien from Amerika again. All the three of us were in the touristbus to Longji rice terraces. It turned out thet had the same soft sleeper cabin in the train.
So we did not need to worry about our valuable things in the luggage. Erika and Brien work in Japan for three years as native speakers to teach the highschool kids in English. So they use the chance to visit other asian countries in their time off. Tank you Erika, thank you Brien we talked a lot and I dived back into my student time in California.
After sleep I had a chinese Breakfast in the dining compartment. The train passed many tunnels and between them we had always a short time to see the landscape.
Now I sit in Süli´s office (an apartment with lots of computerequipment) and write the blog for today after drinking a beer. He just returned from his apartment. He cycled there to clean it up just to please me.
See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment