Friday, April 10, 2009

back in Kunming

I had to wake up early to get the flight to Kunming. After reading the results and the report about the UEFA Cup game Werder Bremen versus Calcio Udine 3:1 the cold weather could not bother me anymore. Today I tried the tea with yak milk and roasted barley which the hotel manager Lily recommended to me. Sorry, but today I preferred the western food which you offer.
Warm weather and sun welcomed me in Kunming. Süli waiting at the exit. We took the taxi to his place.
Today our main business was to get a hotel in Jinghong and a flight for tomorrow. Wei did not book the flight because he needed a hotel reservation for Jinghong. I tried Chinese booking machines, but all the hotels were booked out, so Wei was right. With Google I finally found the 4 star Tai Garden Hotel offered. Now Süli´s work started. He called the hotel and booked for 3 nights. All the nights have different prize because of the water spilling festival starting April 12. The hotel needed the booking number of the flight. So I asked Wei to buy a flight ticket for me. He could not believe how I could get a Hotel in Jinghong, well by using German internet! We took the taxi to Wei´s office of Comfort Travel in Kunming. On the way we stopped at Walmart to buy a bathing trouser for me. The hotel has a swimming pool and Jinghong is very hot.
After lunch we got the tickets and called back to the hotel to make everything perfect. Somebody from the hotel will wait for me and bring me to the hotel.
Soon I will go out for dinner with Süli and then get everything ready for tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Franz! It seems like you've been having a great adventure so far - its definitely been interesting following it :)

    Mitul

    ReplyDelete