Thursday, April 2, 2009

with Süli in Kunming Donnerstag, 2. April


My first day in Kunming. Well yesterday after my arrival I needed some rest, had to adopt to the altitude of 1600 meters and to the warmer climate. Besides going out for dinner there was no program.
We slept in Sülis apartment and got out for breakfast to the same restaurant again. As you can see we are already friends with the workers in the restaurant. The cook in the back gave me a hard time to photograph her. In the kitchen she did hide herself behind the stove. I had over the bridge noodles one of the most famous dishes of Kunming. A pot with boiling soup is served. Noodles, slides of chicken and vegetables are served separately. Then you put all the ingrediences in the boiling pot. It tasts great.
After a nap we went sightseeing to the Golden Temple.

You see two young girls doing a buddhist ceremony there. To be in a Temle area is wonderful. It is so peaceful and calm with wonderful flowers and gardens. Out of the hectic Kunming with all the people everywhere.
We took the taxi to Green Yade Park. Every 50 Meter of walk we stopped at an other group of Chinese performing Music and dancing. I could have stayed there much longer and will return for sure, but we had an apointment with Su Lu my tourguide for tomorrow. We enjoyed a hot pot with plenty of roasted spicy shrimps in it. Su Lu is a College student and speaks English verry well. She enjojed the food too, since she ate noisily. We planed the scedule for tomorrow, I will see her at her College and then we walk up the West Mountain (or tahe the lift) to see temples and the park. There was a garden exhibit with exposure of Chinese provinces.
After getting her a taxi to see her home I took a taxi with Süli to the English Corner in the Green Yade Park. That was very interesting. Every Thursday mostly young people gather there to practice their English. Chinese talk to one another in English and for almost two hours chinese gathered arround me to ask questions. To talk to many people was very challenging, a great idea.
Now I do my officework again with a bottle of beer from Dali.
What a great sunny and warm day in Kunming.

No comments:

Post a Comment