Saturday, March 28, 2009

Samstag, 28. März 2009

Today the Guillin tour starts at 9:30. Mo, tourist guide is humorous, relaxed and speaks English quite well. We talk about everyday subjects besides informations about the spots we visited. Just political questions he just did not hear.
Our driver brought us to the flute cave. I have never seen a cave like this with so many different shapes created by the steady water drops within million of years. Just see the pictures above.
After climbing Elephant Trunk Hill we had lunch at Fubo Hotel. There is a nice story about the Elephant Trunk Hill: Surrounding Guilin there are many rice fields. At a terrible drought gog just sent an elefant to Guilin to spray the water of the Li River to the fields with his trunk. Well and he is still there. After lunch we visited the Fubo Shan Hill (sieging the waves). Time by time the waves of the river created caves into the front of the hill. Some of them used to host "1000" buddhas. From top of Fubo Shan we had an impressing and wonderful view to the skyline of the peaks arround Guilin.
In the evening I went with Mo to the rivercruise through the iluminated Guilin, an absolute highlight. There was only one seat vacant in the ship. So Mo just left me with the Chinese guide. Luckily a lady from Taipeh translated some of the information the chinese guide gave without any interruption. Well I always get along somehow. Well almost all the people I met in Guilin only spoke the Chinese language.
Before the boattrip Mo took me to a restaurant where they had fish, turtles, snakes and other animals just alive. A fish was taken out of the basin with a net and smashed on the ground and the weight of duck was measured. There it was......the bamboo rat in a cave. It looks like a grey ball of fir. I rather ordered chicken Szechuan style, which means hot sauce with lots of red pepper in it. Sidedishes were vegetables, soup and tofu. The chicken was chopped into small pieces together with bones including one claw and the fried head. I tried averything and Mo certified that I will have no problem with traveling in China after eating this meal. He had to get some medicine for his stomach.
I forgot to mention, for Leni I got an oldfashioned dress at the flute cave after bargaining it down to 150 Yuan. ...you say a prize, you say a prize.....

Now I got my 600mL bottle of local beer out of the freezer of my bar.

Tomorrow, well it is already today, I will do the one day Longji Dragon´s Baqckbone Rice Terraces Tour, starting 8:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment